Notice on Fingerprints Collection of Visa Applicants
December 31st， 2020
In accordance with relevant Chinese laws and regulations， the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Switzerland and the Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Zurich and for the Principality of Liechtenstein will entrust the Chinese Visa Application Service Center to collect the ten fingerprints of visa applicants starting from January 12， 2021.
Applicants listed as follows are exempt from the aforementioned requirements:
1. Applicants under the age of 14 or above the age of 70；
2. Applicants who hold diplomatic passports or who are qualified for diplomatic and courtesy visas；
3. Members of the diplomatic and consular posts in China with service passports；
4. Applicants who have fingerprints collected within the last five years at the same Chinese Embassy/Consulate General or Chinese Visa Application Service Center and are applying with the same passport；
5. Applicants who lost all ten fingers or whose fingerprints collection is physically impossible.
Please be noted that applicants shall provide their fingerprints in person at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center. Applicants who forge fingerprints or use other people’s fingerprints will be denied entry into China and shall bear all the consequences themselves.